File:Catherine-Hakim Feminist-Myths-and-Magic-Medicine 2011-01.pdf
From WikiMANNia Commons
Catherine-Hakim_Feminist-Myths-and-Magic-Medicine_2011-01.pdf (file size: 195 KB, MIME type: application/pdf)
- en:Catherine Hakim
- Feminist myths and magic medicine
- The flawed thinking behind calls for further equality legislation
- Centre for Policy Studies, London, UK. ISBN 978-1-90699631-4
- In this report, Dr Hakim shows that: equal opportunity policies, in regards to women's access to the labour market in the UK, have been successful; calls for further equality inititiatives (as in the recent Coalition document, The Equalities Strategy), are based on the outdated and wrong assumption that equality of outcomes is either desirable or feasible; the latest acdemic research proves that many men and women have different career aspirations, priorities and life goals. Policy makers should therefore not expect the same job outcomes; calls for further employment legislation targetted at women (eg for quotas on boards of FTSE-100 comanies) should be resisted.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||13:41, 1 April 2014||(195 KB)||Werner||http://www.dads-r-us.se/wp-content/uploads/Feminist-Myths-and-Magic-Medicine_Catherine-Hakim_2011-01.pdf http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/36488/1/Feminist_myths_and_magic_medicine_the_flawed_thinking_behind_calls_for_further_equality_legislation_%28lsero%29.pdf|
- You cannot overwrite this file.